Cookies, privacy and legal
By visiting or using this website you consent to the collection and use by Career Mark of information about you in accordance with the terms of this Privacy Statement
The terms 'Career Mark', 'we' and 'us' in this statement mean the Career Mark project and its personnel who are based at 2A Sherwood Rise, Nottingham, NG7 6JN.
Career Mark will:
- Respect your privacy and confidentiality;
- Only record your personal details in the manner and for the purposes set out in this Privacy Statement;
- Keep your personal details secure from unauthorised access, use or disclosure;
- Not sell, rent, trade or otherwise knowingly share or provide your personal information to any third party except insofar as legally obliged to do so;
- Only use your information in accordance with the terms of the Data Protection Act 1998.
Cookies and privacy
The cookies on our website help us:
- Make our site work as you'd expect
- Remember your settings during and between visits
- Improve the speed/security of the site
- Continuously improve our website for you
- Make our marketing more efficient
- Collect any personally identifiable information (without your express permission)
- Collect any sensitive information (without your express permission)
- Pass data to advertising networks
- Pass personally identifiable data to third parties
More about our Cookies
Website Function Cookies
Visitor Statistics Cookies
Turning Cookies Off
You can usually switch cookies off by adjusting your browser settings to stop it from accepting cookies (learn how here). Doing so however will likely limit the functionality of our website and most other websites as cookies are a standard part of the majority of modern websites.
It may be that your concerns around cookies relate to so called "spyware". Rather than switching off cookies in your browser you may find that anti-spyware software achieves the same objective by automatically deleting cookies considered to be invasive. Learn more about managing cookies.
The Career Mark web server automatically collects standard information such as a user's IP address, browser type, operating system, access times, etc.
Any information collected indirectly will be used by Career Mark only: to monitor the volume, type and pattern of traffic using this website; to develop the design and layout of the website; and for other administrative and planning purposes.
Career Mark collects personal information, such as a user's name and email address, only when it is provided voluntarily by a user when communicating with the Career Mark project.
We will use such information as provided by you to answer enquiries and otherwise communicate with you. All communications from you and subsequent correspondence from us will be recorded and securely retained by us. Career Mark shall not retain the contents of any communications from you and subsequent correspondence for longer than is necessary having regard to the content and nature of such communications and correspondence. Contact details including your email address may be retained for the purposes of generally improving the services offered by Career Mark. This includes evaluation of the services provided by us.
We may use any information collected directly from users or visitors for generally improving this website and the services offered by Career Mark.
This website contains hypertext links to other web sites. Career Mark is not responsible for the content of these sites, nor for the privacy policies operated by the owners of those sites and does not accept responsibility for any information obtained by third parties as a result of use by you of such hypertext links.
Privacy Statement Updates